Job title: Science lesson author
We require a skilled individual to plan computer based teaching modules in line with the South African Physical Science school curriculum, and to translate teaching modules into Afrikaans. Our authors do not require advanced computer skills and a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word will be sufficient. The Science Author will report directly to the Science Development Manager.
- At least 3 years experience teaching Physical Science at matric level.
- South African citizen or valid work visa.
- Valid driver’s licence.
The Master Science Author must:
- have a good fundamental knowledge and understanding of matric level Physical Science.
- be able to think analytically and innovatively.
- have good writing and communication skills.
- show excellent attention to detail.
- have a basic knowledge Microsoft Word.
- be able to work well under pressure.
- have a good knowledge of Afrikaans high school level scientific terminology
The following skills will be advantageous:
- a good knowledge of Afrikaans high school level mathematics terminology.
- Experience with IEB and CIE curricula.
Location of post: Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa.
Starting date: July 2016.
Please include full university courses passed and results attained therein.