Why does Early Enrolment make a difference?
To gain the most from our system, it is best if learners enrol right at the beginning of the year. This helps the learner to gain the most from the Master Maths experience. Enrolling early to do or redo these subjects:
- will provide you with enough time to complete the curriculum in time for the final exams.
- gives you time to work through the work you will need to be able to cover in the School Based Assessments tasks.
- could provide you with more time later in the year to revise for exams and work through practice papers.
- will help reduce stress closer to the exams - because you have been working towards them for longer.
We have seen that early enrolment, as well as consistently and diligently attending sessions at the centre, increases your chances of success.
Some learners need more tutor attention than others, and by registering at the beginning of the year, the tutors can ensure that the learners who need the most attention receive it. All learners will need some direct human assistance at some point during their maths education, and our tutors are always there to help.
Register as early as possible to gain the most from the Master Maths rewrite experience.
About our rewrite opportunities
It is now possible for post-matric learners to rewrite Mathematics and Physical Science, or take these subjects for the very first time with Master Maths! The Independent Examinations Board has granted the Master Maths group registration status as an IEB Examination Centre of Mathematics in 2015, and extended this to Physical science in 2016.
Regardless of whether you attended a public or private school, you can enrol in our programme.
Learners who have previously completed their National Senior Certificate (NSC) can now do or redo Mathematics and/or Physical Science as a single NSC subject with Master Maths. Learners can now complete their year mark and improve their mathematics and physical science knowledge at any of the 150 centres across South Africa. They will then be able to write their NSC final exams at specially designated Master Maths centres in every province.
Candidates enrolled at Master Maths centres can now complete the year mark they require for the mathematics and physical science part of their NSC, at any of the centres around the country. These centres will also make sure that learners are able to complete their final mathematics and physical science exams successfully, as they will be enrolled in high frequency lessons throughout the year. The learners will then be able to write their Grade 12 NSC mathematics and physical science exams at approved IEB Master Maths centres.
Thus, Master Maths NSC learners will be provided with the lessons, year mark, exam preparation and a venue to complete their exams. Learners do not need to redo all the Grade 12 subjects desired for a NSC, or enrol as an exam candidate at a high school.
If the following applies to you then a Master Maths centre can now assist you to complete or upgrade your NSC grade 12 Mathematics and Physical Science marks:
• You have completed the Grade 12 NSC, but your mathematics or physical science marks was not good enough to get into a specific tertiary course.
• You completed the Grade 12 NSC with Mathematical Literacy and you would now like to do Mathematics in order to improve your future employment or study opportunities.
• You didn't have Physical Science in high school, and would like to complete it in order to get into a specific tertiary course.
After completion learners will be presented with an UMALUSI subject certificate indicating the mark they achieved for their NSC Grade 12 Mathematics and/or Physical Science. They can then present this to tertiary institutions.
Not only will Master Maths centres uphold the excellent quality of education expected from the IEB, they will also endeavour to make sure that learners do well enough in mathematics and physical science for a better future.
If you matriculated before 2008, you can write or rewrite mathematics and physical science with us. However, this will not complete your matric certificate. it will be considered an add-on.