About Walvis Bay Master Maths
Classes or ‘lessons’ for grade 4 to 12 learners. Our Master Maths Walvis Bay centre provides extra maths help using trained tutors for mathematics teaching and tutoring. Wiskunde ekstra klasse is volledig tweetalig.
We started our centre in June 2009, when we realised how many children in our remedial practice had serious shortcomings with their understanding of mathematics.
It was, and still is, our firm belief that we need to assist learners in improving their maths skills and knowledge (and improving their confidence in all subjects as a result). The necessary improvements will only take place if they enjoy the journey; therefore we strive to really get to know our learners so that we can approach them on an individual basis.
If we understand their hearts it becomes easy to work with their brains.
Our rewards lie in the moments when the learners proudly bring their school reports to show us their improvement and/or achievements. In our centre we live for those “aha” moments that indicate that they start to grasp the concepts.
Nico Van Rooyen
- “I never worked on a computer before. Master Maths is fun and I got 73 % last term.”Grade 5
- “Dis lekker hier. Ek het verbeter van ‘n C na ‘n B.”Grade 4
- “I started at Master Maths in Grade 11 and improved my maths marks by 16 %. I am now able to study Engineering next year.”Grade 12
- “I always was good in maths – but now I am the best in my grade.”Grade 11
- “I recently started with mathematics and already my scores went up from 40 % to 55 %.”Grade 11